04 February 2010

Memories of VN

The Front sent invitations to the launch of a photographic exhibition on Vietnam tonight. I’ve been to Vietnam twice and loved it, so I had to go. The photographers were Lisa Styles and Mai Loc. It’s a little exhibition, but it brought back memories of a country I’ve much enjoyed. I’ve presented some pics of jazz clubs in Hanoi and HCM City (Saigon) on CJ in the past, but let this be my indulgence. Photography has been an interest in the past, so indulge me with a few pics from Lisa and lots from me.

My VN views, 2007 & 2009 >
four older men and down


Lisa Styles is an art photographer who lives and works in Canberra teaching photography. She studied anthropology and photography at ANU, and now combines her passion for portraiture and experiencing cultural difference while travelling in South East Asia with her camera in hand. This exhibition showcases photographs taken in the central highlands of Vietnam from 2007 to 2009.

Mai Loc lives and works as a photographer in Nha Trang Vietnam. In December 1997, Mai Loc received a small canon solar power camera as a wedding present. At first, he used this camera to take some photos for his family and around his home town for memories. Then he fell in love with photography and as he loved his country with the beauty of life, he started to teach himself to be better so that he could capture the beauty of Vietnam. In August 2006, he was invited to Kristiansund Norway to exhibit work in the first international photo festival.

No comments: