17 February 2021

Enough

What more could you possibly need?  I returned to NCO for some play throughs just in recent weeks, drawn by the fact they were playing Brahms.  My heart just melts over Brahms and I'm not the only one.  I guess there's a reason for the talk of the Three Bs (Bach, Beethoven, Brahms) in classical music.  He doesn't seem so hard to play, at least the dots don't seem too threatening, but there's interaction and unexpected complexity in the ensemble interactions.  Whatever it is, I love it.  As I could only love this photo.  Martin was there to take this pic, but otherwise just the whole bass section setup for the night.  Bassists are always early (usually...).  We have a bigger cart.  I've wondered if, as size of instruments shrinks, lateness grows.  If so, strange that.  Whatever, the basses were ready...

Troy Davey, Eric Pozza and Geoff Prime were ready to rehearse with National Capital Orchestra in the Ainslie Arts Centre.

No comments: