04 September 2026

ROI

I'll put a spot here for Tilt Alt. gig at Molly just because I really enjoyed it.  A Thursday night, shorter but later, 9.30pm start.  The room wasn't too busy but it was responsive and I enjoyed the playing immensely.  The mystery of playing continues.  I guess I've had those 10k hours over many years, from Led Zep and Deep Purple through bop and much later classical and through piano and e-bass to double, but my practice regime is only moderate these days and confidence is key but then I have some good offsiders, James and Mark, to explore with.  In the end, it was just ~14 tunes over 2 longish sets, so there were ideas mulling to cover the time.  Whatever, a worthy outing and some satisfying (emotional) return on investment and nice to sit for a beer and chat in the break.

James Woodman (piano), Mark Levers (drums) and Eric Pozza (bass) played as Tilt Alt. at Molly.

No comments: